Dead Island 2 developer has revealed a bunch of interesting stats related to his game, including the number of sales it had in the first days of its launch. It seems that the patience of the game developers after all this time has paid off very positively.
announce Dambuster Studio and publisher Deep Silver announced that Dead Island 2 has sold more than 1 million copies worldwide since its launch on the 21st of this month.
The game attracted players to it for several factors, including the long period in which it was under development, which led to the ignorance of the various rumors that suggested its cancellation. Likewise, the repeated delays in its launch contributed to attracting players, as the game made headlines on the sites.
Dead Island 2 by the numbers:
- In the first three days of release, it sold over a million copies.
- 11 million game hours players have spent playing the game.
- The number of times players have died within the game is 28 million times.
- 45 million zombies were cut in half by players.
- Approximately 756 million hacks have been made in the game for one of the enemies.
- 1.1 billion zombies were eliminated.
The game is currently available on all current and past home platforms in addition to the PC platform. In case you want to follow our full review of the game, here it is completely spoiler-free.
What do you think of the game’s statistics and numbers after such a short period of its launch? Share with us below in the comments section.